Friday, June 12, 2009

It's a Psychobilly Freakout!!!!
















Early yesterday morning, a little thought popped into my mind- I have a concert to go to today. I bought tickets for The Reverend Horton Heat a while back and had completely forgotten. So I put my rockabilly face on and went on over to The Rex. The opening band- Neon Swing- was this little group of guys who just looked like they crawled out of a cubicle at some office and decided to play swing music together. All of the sudden, they start playing, and my foot begins tapping, and they sounded good! If you want to dance or go and have some fun in the fifties, totally check them out. There was only one opening band, so I went to take my spot by the stage for when the Rev came on. I think only about 6 other people were standing with me. Then the lights go down, and a huge rush of people come out of nowhere and form a mob behind me. As expected, The Rev was amazing. They played one of my favorites- Galaxy 500 towards the beginning. There was an uber fan towards the left of the stage (far from me thank god). Though she claimed, yelled I should say, that RHH was her favorite band, she proceeded in yelling and talking to people around her when Jim Heath was telling a story- right in front of her face. Halfway into the show, their light crew guy got to sing a Motorhead song. I have no idea which one... But he was pretty good. He got the crowd going and jumping all over the place. But overall the show was amazing. For the encore, they played my absolute favorite- Big Red Rocket of Love. So dirty, yet so amazing. After feeling so inspired from the show, I went out and bought another cd, then listened to it twice. Maybe dressing
rockabilly everyday isn't such a bad idea...



No comments: